Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Funday

Usually Monday is just such a dreaded day, and today is no exception. I had such an amazing weekend that the thought of coming in to work and actually doing anything productive today was just such a dreaded task.

So to liven up my mood a little, I thought i'd just start off the week with some of my fun (and random) favorite things right now.

Fun Hat

YELLOW WOVEN FLOPPY HEART TIE SUN HAT

I'm planning on going to Carolina Cup next month, and I really want a yellow hat to wear this year. I think I have the perfect color dress to match it. I can't wait to play up some bright colors!

Fun (kick your butt) class



It's no secret I'm trying to lose weight, and I've been attempting to go to the gym as much as I can. I'm a member of Gold's Gym, and they offer a lot of different fitness classes. Lately, my schedule hasn't allowed me to take part in any of these classes or they've filled up, but yesterday, I was able to do body pump. Body Pump is a 60 minute class using weights to give your entire body a workout while burning calories and building muscle. And, let me tell you, you will be sore in places you didn't know you could be the next day. I've heard great reviews and it produces real results, so I hope to be able to keep up attending these classes a couple times a week.

Fun ways to play up veggies:



So I've been cooking a lot for S and I lately, and I've discovered some fun, yummy ways to play up boring old veggies.

A Twist on Broccoli

I absolutely LOVE broccoli! S, on the other hand, isn't too fond of it. My stepmom taught me this recipe that is absolutely delicious (although it sounds terrible.) The first time I ever heard the ingredients, I cringed..
But I've never met a person who didn't like this recipe. I tried it out on S and my roommate, KJ, and they both loved it! Now they don't mind so much having broccoli with dinner. It's super easy, and has a very different, but delicious taste.

2 heads of fresh broccoli, separated into florets
Light Miracle Whip
Low Fat Butter (I love the Smart Taste Brand)
Salt and Pepper

Steam broccoli until tender (don't overcook) then mix in 1 table spoon of light miracle whip and 1 tablespoon of butter. Add salt and pepper to taste. Easy, and I promise, it's way better than it sounds.

Another vegetable I find myself cooking a lot of is squash and zuccini. I saute these veggies at least a couple of times a week. In order to keep my menu fun and different, I was playing around one night, and happened to have a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning. I sprinkled this packet in with the veggies as I was cooking them, and it gave them a delicious flavor! It's definitely one I'll use again.

Fun Fashion Blogs:

It's time for Spring, and this time of year always puts me in a shopping mood. Maybe, it's tax refund checks or maybe it's because i'm starting to shed my extra pounds I put on for winter, but regardless, I have shopping fever for spring trends right now...

One blog that i'm absolutely loving is The Look 4 Less. This blog takes runway looks and creates them for girls like me who live on a strict budget. I have thoroughly enjoyed her fun finds.

One of my best friends, MH just started her own blog, dedicated to fashion. MH has an amazing eye for fashion, and I can't wait to read more posts by her. Check it out here


Have a great day! Hope some of my fun, fab finds give you enjoyment to get through another mundane Monday! :)

1 comment:

  1. - Love the recipes and I'll definitely try them out.
    - Thanks for getting me hooked on yet another couple blogs. ;)

    ReplyDelete