Friday, January 6, 2012

time for a brain dump

After not blogging alot recently, I think it's about that time for one of my random brain dumps to catch you all up.

1. I have officially made my New Years resolutions. Call me one of the millions who swears she's sticking to it this time, but no really! My main resolution is to lose weight and stick to it. Not lose weight for a month, then slack off for a month (which I am notorious for.) I've officially joined Weight Watchers and am holding myself accountable. I want to feel good in my clothes and i'm not stopping until I do.

2. My second resolution is to focus more on my career. A lot has happened at my job in the past month that has left me with some uneasy feelings. Don't get me wrong, i'm thankful everyday that I have a job and because of that, I can go to work each day and smile. But a lot of things, and I mean a lot, have caused me to feel that it's time to move on and look at other options out there. I want to focus on working on my skills and weighing all of my options this year. Only God knows where i'll end up, but I really want to make this a priority in my life right now.

3. I gave Shane an Xbox/kinect bundle for Christmas and I have to admit that i'm enjoying it about as much as he is these days. We bought a workout game for the kinect and it's really awesome. It's almost like having a personal trainer in our living room. I have found myself working up quite a sweat to some of the workouts it provides...and the best part, it does it in small intervals so the workout doesn't feel "overwhelming". JUST what I need right now to get me back in the swing of getting my butt in to shape. I'm also loving that I can do this from home since our gym is beyond crowded with people just like me right now!

4. Shane and I have a new guilty pleasure.... Friday Night Lights. Thanks to the suggestions of my old roomie, we're now completely addicted. We're almost through season 1 and we find it harder and harder to turn off the episodes at night. We were up until almost 1am watching them last night.

5. My mom and stepdad found out the most amazing news recently. My stepdad landed a GREAT job in Florence, SC and my parents are moving there the end of this month. My mom (and majority of my family) are from Florence and my mom is beyond thrilled to be moving back closer to friends and family. Since my mom's brain hemorrhage last year, she has had a lot of health problems. Being near friends and family is just what she needs on her rough days! I'm so happy for them!!!

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. We have a dirty house, lots of laundry, and other chores that need to be done, but I can't wait to spend the weekend relaxing and catching up! Happy Friday Bloggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment