Thursday, March 10, 2011

When it rains, it pours

Anyone who knows me, knows that I get super stressed out when I have a lot going on. Well, lately, i've had just that. A lot going on.

Yesterday, I hit a point where I was having a mini break down. Everything with work, my personal life, school, and wedding planning was just on my nerves. When my day finally came to an end, I figured that all I needed was a good night's sleep and everything would be back in the groove this morning.

Not really the case, because today was not exactly normal.

I woke up a little earlier than I usually do because I had an appointment with the orthodontist at 8 am this morning. I didn't do anything weird while getting ready, except I noticed that I woke up with a little bit of a migraine so I decided to take the medicine I usually take when I get a headache.
I was driving on my way to the orthodontist when I noticed my legs were itching, but I didn't pay too much attention to them. Long story short, by the time I left the orthodontist 15 minutes later, my entire legs were breaking out. I was meeting Shane because I had forgotten something that I needed for work and he was going to bring it to me. By the time I met Shane, the rash was spreading all over my body and I was beginning to swell and turn a shad of purple. Shane and I decided it would be a good idea to go to the urgent care because it was obvious I was having an allergic reaction to something.

Two hours, a benadryl and steroid shot later, the doctors said that I had indeed had a severe allergic reaction to something, but no clue what it was from. I spent the rest of today sleeping off the meds and my body has finally returned to looking normal. Needless to say, the past couple of days have not been too pleasant for me.

But.... on the bright side.... my best friend, PK will be flying in tomorrow from Boston and we have a fun weekend planned ahead. I sooo need this girls weekend to catch up with each other and have a good time.

1 comment:

  1. This is awful, but no getting sick this week. Bring PK by work please!

    ReplyDelete