Friday, March 18, 2011

Lately.

So this past week has been so insane, i've barely had time to sit down and think.

I've posted a few pictures of my past week and all the fun stuff i've gotten to do.



We took this picture right after I picked PK up from the airport. It was only around noon Friday, but we went straight to the Vista to have lunch and drinks with a few of people from work.


While PK and I were hanging out, we went to M Vista, where we became instant friends with the bartender. He made us this drink ^ called a "scorpion bowl". It's a glorified mai tai with dangerous amount of liquor. YUM!



Saturday, PK and I joined a few of our friends down in Augusta for Blake Shelton, Estin Corbin, and Steel Magnolias. We tailgated all afternoon then had an awesome time at the concert.


Meanwhile, work has been busier than ever. Our facility announced one of the biggest concerts of the year, Prince, just a week ago, tickets went on sale this past Tuesday, and the concert is this coming Monday the 21st. All I can say is, only Prince would be able to get away with putting on a huge concert in such a short time. But i'm not going to lie, I can't wait to catch a glimpse of his concert!
Oh yeah, AND in the midst of all of this planning, we've also had a full plate of other events to work/prepare for. I know some of my co-workers are about ready to pull their hair out at this point.

In the midst of all this craziness, i've started back on Weight Watchers with my roommate KJ and S. I've noticed that lately Weight Watchers has "revamped" their weight loss program, and I really like it. On this point system, you're allowed way more fresh fruits and vegetables and foods that "fill you up". Above is a picture of fatfree frozen yogurt that is point friendly since I loaded it down with a bunch of fresh fruits!


I'm so glad today is Friday, but my week isn't slowing down much. B and MH are coming to town this weekend for the St. Patty's Day Festival in 5 Points. I'm rediculously excited!


Between work and play time, i've had to keep up with my wedding planning. AHHHH

We're hitting the 5 month countdown, and it's crunch time to do some major planning.

Here are a few things on my wedding checklist for the next couple of weeks:
  • Apply for a freaking passport (I have all my paperwork done, but getting to the post office has been a task lately)
  • Meet with potential baker
  • Send off finalized contract for DJ
  • Send off deposit on florist
  • Order my parting gifts (I found CUTE gifts and I'm so excited)
  • Finalize guest list for first shower to give to my parents
  • Touch base with reception site to work on menu for reception
I definitely go through spells of wedding planning. Some weeks I am all about it and some weeks, I let it slip through the cracks. I think it's been good for me to do it this way though, because take my advice when I say, it can consume your life. I really want to enjoy this time of my life and I'm trying my hardest to not get overloaded with it all.

For any of you wanting to keep track of our wedding process, you can visit our wedding website.


HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BLOGGERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment