Monday, July 25, 2011

Furniture shopping, packing, and a party!

This past weekend was a busy one, but I definitely ended it right last night. Around 7pm, S and I settled in to watch a movie and relax, and Zzzz.... yeah, I slept 13 hours straight. And I feel AMAZING today!!!

Friday night, S and I started off our weekend by heading to FINALLY see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Yes, the girl who has never missed a premiere of a movie or book, waited a week to go see the final movie. Blame it on wedding stuff, but either way, the movie was so good. We'll leave out the part where I shed a tear at the end as I saw my childhood memories finally coming to an end. Did I just say that?

Saturday, my dear old Dad arrived in Columbia bright and early for a full day of furniture shopping. In the midst of shopping for living room furniture, my mom called me with exciting news that they had come across an amazing deal on a bedroom suit for our master bedroom. Within an hour of looking at couches with my Dad, I had seen pics of some awesome bedroom furniture and made a deal for that.
Living room furniture shopping took a little longer. Thankfully I had my dad who has worked in the furniture industry for over 30 years. When it comes to the makes and models of couches, Dad knows how to score a deal and get great quality.

yes, that would be dad turning over furniture in the store to check out the upholstering. classic.

After a long day of furniture shopping, (and an arm load of paperwork on different deals to analyze before making my final decision), I took my dad to see our future home. Here are a few pics I snapped. I am so excited to be moving in a week!

Future home of the future Hyatts :)

Yes, this would be a view of our backyard!

Sunday was a pretty fun day! S and I drove to Charleston for a surprise engagement party for my BFF/bridesmaid, Lyndsey and her fiance Yale. They are such a precious couple, and we had a blast. Yale's family was visiting from Michigan for the week and her family was down as well. We had a great time and I can't wait to help her celebrate and plan her special time. Weddings are just SO much fun!

Lyndsey & Yale!

Us with the newly engaged couple!

All in all, i'd say it was a great weekend! :) Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment