Friday, July 22, 2011

I'm like, suchhh an adult.

So besides this whole getting married thing in 5 weeks, S and I are moving in to our new place in 2 weeks! We are SO excited, but we have A LOT to do these next couple of weeks.

Word to the wise: don't come to our apartment right now. It's beyond craziness. I've been trying to do a little packing each night, but in my A.D.D ways, I keep jumping projects and it's one.big.mess.

But... on to the exciting news. We got a pretty saweeeet wedding present this week. My precious grandma called and told us she wanted to buy us living room furniture! I'm beyond excited and that is what I will be doing this weekend. My dad is driving down and we will be out and about working some deals for our new living room!

It's so crazy that i'm making my first big purchase as an adult. AND with my soon to be hubby. Me likey. Another thing I'm looking forward to? Releasing my inner Martha Stewart at our new place! Don't worry, I'll be blogging about my future projects.

Also, in the midst of packing up a few things last night, I found this in my closet.


We made these at the arena the first summer I was there during our internal marketing meetings. It was supposed to be an "inspiration board" that we made out of things we found in a magazine to remind us of our goals and dreams.

I loved finding this poster. A lot has happened and changed in my life since i've made that poster but regardless of the expected and unexpected, I should never lose sight of my dreams. I've crossed a few off of this list, and hope to keep doing so. Maybe it's time for a new poster as I start this next chapter in my life?

Anyways, too much adult talk for one day. Despite all the things I have to do this weekend, I'm also looking forward to Harry Potter tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment