Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

It's no secret that 2011 has been one of the most eventful and best years of my life. 

I've been reminded constantly this year just how many people love and support me and how many blessings i've been given in this special life. God has given me so much to be thankful for and in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I wanted to share some of the things I am thankful for this year.

My amazing, perfect, most wonderful husband
I love waking up next to him every morning and kissing him good night every night. He's my rock and support and I love the fact that I still get butterflies when he sends me a sweet text just to let me know he misses me.
My Family
I have a pretty amazing (and quite large family) that has significantly grown this year. I'm so thankful for all the time I got to spend with most of them at my showers and wedding this past year.
And for the new addition of Shane's side of the family.
There is nothing like family. 
My job
I may complain about it sometimes, but in an economy where so many people are without work, i'm thankful to have a job. And my coworkers are amazing.
My part-time job
I love still getting to see my CLA family and working fun events with them. I am so very thankful for the couple of years I got to spend working there throughout college and all the opportunities I've had because of it.
My friends
Many of our friends no longer live in the same town as us, but I love knowing that they are just a phone call or trip away. And spending time with them is that much more special.
My Nieces
Being able to watch my nieces grow from just barely 1-2 lbs into normal, healthy sized babies has been a miracle. These babies have been a blessing to my brother, sis-in-law, and our entire family.  And the amount of people who continued to pray for their health every day (and still do) is so humbling.
Our home
It's mine and Shane's first official place together and i've absolutely LOVED getting to decorate it and make it feel like our own. I've enjoyed filling it with lots of new pictures from our wedding and our wedding gifts too.
My car
I've mentioned that a lot of friends and family don't live near us so we've done quite a bit of traveling when we want to go visit with everyone. We also live on the outskirts of our town, so nights out on the town take a little bit of commuting. My new car has really given me the freedom to travel without having to worry about any issues (something my old car was starting to do!)
Technology
I really don't know what I would do without all of my technology devices. It's a pain in the butt when they don't function properly, but I absolutely love being able to communicate with anyone any time of the day, browsing the internet, blogging (and the great people i've met through it), recipe hunting, and great ideas i've discovered along the way.
 Our obnoxious cat
Lilo is a snob and super crazy at times, but she's the perfect fit for us right now. Having a cat is way less demanding than having a dog (or a child for that matter hah) and we're still able to travel and leave home without worrying as much. And she has so much personality, she's just the right amount of entertainment.
The way I was raised
I am so thankful for the morals and values that both my parents and step-parents instilled in me. I was always taught to say "thank you" "yes ma'am" and "no ma'am" and my parents made sure that I was surrounded by good influences. They also taught me to be smart with money, to work hard and be thankful for what I have, and show respect. I see people every day who always have the attitude that something is "owed" to them, and i'm so glad my parents didn't raise me like that.

I have so much to be thankful for! Safe travels to everyone these next few days and 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!



No comments:

Post a Comment