Friday, January 27, 2012

Focusing on the positives

Well, most of January and the beginning of 2012 have pretty much sucked for the Hyatt's. With Shane being in the hospital and still on his road to recovery, we haven't really had "fun" this month.

But, with January coming to an end and my hubby FINALLY starting to feel like his normal self (as normal as you can feel with a trach in) I thought now is a great time to focus on the positives and what i'm currently loving in life.

  • Today marks 5 months since we tied the knot! And regardless of how challenging these last few weeks have been, i'm still having the time of my life being married to my best friend. These months have flown by and I just can't wait to spend many many more together.
  • I'm loving how I was reminded every day that Shane was in the hospital, and even after, just how many people love and were praying for us. We received countless phone calls/texts/cards/messages a day from ones we love and even distant people we barely knew. (some of our friends' parents and church members we had never even met reached out to us to let us know we were in their prayers.) And our close family members and friends made sure we were never without clean laundry, food, or whatever we may have needed. It's so humbling to know how much support we had.
  • With that being said, while Shane was in the hospital dropping pounds (unwillingly of course) I wasn't exactly eating *ahem* healthy food all of the time. At the beginning of this year, I joined Weight Watchers, and it's time to get back in the swing of things. One of my favorite bloggers just started a new blog, Skinny Up. She is also doing weight watchers and has some great motivational posts that are really helpful to remind me of my own weight loss goals! I love how I feel when I'm eating healthy and making smart fitness/food goals, so I really want to get back to focusing on that.
  • My mom and stepdad moved to Florence this past weekend!!! I am oh so excited for them. I made a quick little trip last night after work to see their new place and have a late birthday dinner with them. (my mom's bday was Monday) Their place is so cute and I can tell they are so happy there. My mom is letting me take free reign of their new place and letting me help decorate.... so I can't wait to put a little Olivia flair on their place hah!  

Last, but not least, I'm loving that things are almost back to normal. Now, I'm just ready for my hubby to no longer be under house arrest so we can go out on dates, hang with friends, and get back to our everyday lives!
And, i'll be back in full swing in the blogging world next week too. I've got some link ups and fun topics to share so stay tuned.

Happy Friday Loves!

P.S. ...check out my desktop background. Weather in SC this week has been crazy (and different every day) so this is a pic on my work computer that was taken on our honeymoon. It takes me back to such a relaxing and happy (and tan) week in my life :)


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog! I have a lot of family in Florence and was just there last weekend! It sounds like you and your husband have been through a lot over the past few weeks! They say the first year is one of the hardest, right? If you can make it through this, you can make it through anything!

    ReplyDelete