Wednesday, February 1, 2012

It's WILW!

I'm linking up today with Jamie again for 


I'm LOVING that it's finally February! 
I have never been so happy to see a month go. 
And Shane and I are back to feeling pretty normal.

I'm LOVING that my awesome hubby returned back to work yesterday and on his first day back after being gone 3 straight weeks, he got a raise! That's the definition of awesome in my book. Now, maybe I can buy some of those things off my Wish List I blogged about yesterday... hmm? :)

I'm LOVING that this weekend, we will no longer be under house arrest! My favorite cousin and her boyfriend are coming to town Friday night, and we're fully planning to hit the town with some drinks in hand. It's been a month since Shane and I have had any drinks so we'll probably be some pretty cheap dates Friday night. And for Super Bowl Sunday, we're making a quick trip down to Charleston to see the BFF and watch the game. I guess since she and her boyfriend are from Boston, we'll be Patriots fans this Sunday. I'm just super excited to eat good food and hang out with good friends!

I'm actually LOVING my temporary new work schedule. For the past week, i've been getting up at 5/6 am and going in to work early due to some server failures at our corporate office. It's been so hard getting up, but i'm surprisingly productive when I do. 
And I LOVE getting off early on those days. Yesterday, I was able to get off at 3 and I got to treat myself to a mani.... I'm just loving this color too!


I'm also LOVING how well my cute twin nieces are doing. I see daily pictures of them from either my sis-in-law sending me pics or posting them on Facebook. I just had to share these pictures she posted yesterday of them in their new outfits. They're so precious and I can't wait to make a visit to see them again soon!


Finally, I'm LOVING this new recipe that I just have to share. I was doing my normal routine of grocery shopping at Publix, when one of the workers was making this dish at their station. I tasted it and right away, knew I HAD to buy all of the ingredients and make it. I've made it twice in the past couple of weeks, and it's extremely Weight Watcher friendly.

Athenian Tilapia 
(makes 4 servings)

4 fresh tilapia filets
1 can artichoke hearts (drained)
1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
1/3 cup white wine
Greek Seasoning (I bought this at Publix, but my dad made it with Italian Seasoning and said it was great too)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
Diced white onion (I just chopped up about a handful)
Olive Oil

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil and let sweat. Add artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and white wine. Lay tilapia filets on top of mixture and cover in greek seasoning. Cover with a lid and let simmer 10-15 minutes.

SO EASY and I promise it's amazing. I served it with brown rice and cucumbers drizzled in red vinegar and tossed with a little bit of feta cheese.
Whole dish is about 9 WW points (including the rice, 4 w/o rice) per serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment