Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekend recap

I had a great/relaxing weekend with my precious hubby. Friday night, we had a date night out and it was amazing. We haven't been out (just the two of us) since before he was in the hospital, so it was so much fun being lovey dovey with Shane and catching up. We went to an early dinner followed by a trip to the movies to see The Vow. I was SO excited to see this movie, but I have to admit, it let me down. The acting just wasn't that good (regardless of how hott Channing Tatum may be, he has no talent) and it wasn't nearly as romantic as I thought it should be. I know it was based on a true story, but I was still expecting to shed a few tears. The movie theater was packed, but it sounded like a lot of people felt the same way we did at the end of the movie, a little dissapointed. Oh well, I still am glad we went! :)


Saturday, Shane had to work, so I spent the whole day cleaning, napping, and catching up on things around the house. I've let a lot of my projects and crafts slip this past month and I noticed a lot of things I wanted to improve/work on around our house... so stay tuned these next few months, my Pinterest inspired projects will be in full swing.
After Shane got off work, we cruised down to Florence to spend the night with my brother and the twins (since my sis-in-law who is a nurse works nights on the weekends). We helped him feed and give them baths and just had a great time cuddling with the babies. I am still amazed by how he or Nicole can manage those babies when they are alone. The girls really know how to "tag team" when fussing and even with me and Shane there, all three of us stayed busy during feeding and changing times. All in all, we had such a great time and the girls have gotten so big. I managed to snap a few pics, but they weren't that good. They're in their squirming age so trying to snap a pic on a phone is next to impossible. It's hard to believe they're 6 months old today!

me and Kadence
Avery after a morning nap
Shane and Kadence (they both had just woken up!)

Sunday, Shane and I returned home and cuddled on the couch to finish the series of Friday Night Lights. We started this series right around the Christmas holidays (5 seasons) and we just finished them all. Yes, we're tv junkies, but in our defense, we had a lot of lazy days where we knocked out a ton of episodes while Shane was home recovering with the trach (so no judgement)
Anyone who is looking to get in to a good TV show/series, I highly reccomend this series. It's on Netflix, and it's just such a good show. The first two seasons were the best ( I believe they switched writers and networks) but it's still awesome all the way to the very end.


Last night, we finished up our laid back weekend by watching the Grammy's. All in all, I thought it was pretty good, and I loved some of the performances, but I was amazed by the number of people who seemed ot be lip singing.... it's the Grammy's for crying out loud. And some of the outfits were very interesting. What did you all think of the award winners, performances, and outfits? I was loving reading the comments and reviews on Twitter last night...

That about sums it up for my weekend... All in all it was very laid back but we enjoyed it....
Now back to the daily grind. Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment