Monday, August 13, 2012

1 year later

Exactly one year ago today, my family changed forever. I've often written on my blog about how much my life completely changed last August, and it all started with this.

On Saturday, August 13th, I woke up at 7am to a phone call from my brother. Half asleep, I heard words that instantly made me feel all kinds of emotions "You're an aunt!" At 28 weeks, my sister in law had gone in to labor and they had to do an emergency C-section on her that morning. The next 8 weeks (which included a wedding and honeymoon for us) were very scary for my brother and sister in law as their precious baby girls fought for their lives every day in the NICU. I quickly became the "crazy, obsessed aunt" as these were the first babies born in to our family and I fell in love with them!
Yesterday, we got to celebrate one of the many milestones that we were all soooo happy to see... their first birthday!


They've come such a long way, and are proof that God truly answers prayers. Many of my blog friends (whom I've never even met in real life) have even had times expressed thoughts and concern as I've blogged about them in the past, and I am truly thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment