Monday, October 10, 2011

It's the little things...

Happy Monday friends!

I hope you all had a great weekend! The weather was gorgeous and the Gamecocks put a stomping on KY. What more could you ask for?!?!

My weekend was overall pretty good! After a VERY stressful week at work last week (that has picked right back up today), I was ready for a little down time this weekend.

My weekend didn't start out with too good of news though...First thing, my step-dad called saying that he had to take my poor mom to the hospital. While she was in the bathroom, she had a dizzy spell and fell face forward in to the counter, busting her lip. She had to have stitches in her lip and her face is pretty badly bruised, but thankfully she's doing ok, just really sore. It's an every day struggle for my mom and I pray for her health every day. Hopefully she'll be hearing some good news soon about her disability. If anyone deserves some good news, it's her.

On a much brighter note, my sis-in-law saw where I was having a rough week and sent me the cutest pics of the girls wearing their onsie that your's truly bought them... How can pics this cute not cheer anyone up? I love these little things to death.


  Kadence (left) & Avery (right)

Saturday, Shane had to work and I was up at the crack of dawn to take my car for it's first "check-up" and oil change at the dealership. After that, I trooped to the gym and made it through almost an entire class of body pump. After not religiously going to the gym that much lately, let me tell you, that was an ass kicking if there ever was one. Nothing like a GREAT workout though to make you feel good!

I spent the rest of the day lounging around by myself and watching the game while a delicious (and low fat) chicken stroganoff cooked in the crockpot, making our entire place smell yummy.

It was the easiest recipe ever, and pairing it with whole wheat egg noddles not only made it easy, but not bad for your waistline either!

dump it all in, set on low for 5hrs, and boom. yummy.
Speaking of super easy and healthy meals, this week was the start back to weight watchers for me and Shane. I've been doing my best to keep us eating delicious but low point and healthy meals and week 1 was a success. I'm down 4lbs, and Shane is down 3. GO US! :)

Other things making me smile this weekend.... check out this little spoiled rotten animal. She is just too cute and has the most personality of any cat ever. She makes for a pretty good nap buddy too.

rawrrr
So this may have been a very pointless/boring post....It was definitely an uneventful weekend in the Hyatt household, but little things kept me entertained and smiling all weekend, so I thought I must share :)


How was YOUR weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment