Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My life, right now.

2011 has been quite a year for me. 

It's been one big life changing event after another.
Since May of this year, I have graduated college, started a career, bought a new car, settled in to a new home, gotten married, and moved into that new place with my husband. 
Whew, it's a mouthful to say all of that.

As someone who loves to "do big things," this has been an amazing year. When people would bring up to me that I had all these great things going on, I would just say "oh, i'm just getting it all out of the way." 

Yes, I was stressed at times (ok, I had a few mental breakdowns) but I really enjoyed it.

I've never been involved in just one thing. I was always the girl who played sports, volunteered in extra curricular activities, and carried some sort of job since I was 16. In college, I maintained a part time job, worked as an ambassador for my school, and took classes every semester. And the last 2 semesters of college, I wedding planned and searched high and low for a full time job on top of everything else. I've always taken pride in the fact that I can multi-task and I feel it has truly made me a more well-rounded outgoing person.

But since the end of August, my life has slowed WAY down. I no longer have a ton of different activities that I'm involved in and I'm sleeping like a rock at night. 
I would be lying if I didn't say that I was a little apprehensive about how my life would be when things started slowing down, because I was a little nervous I would be, well, bored. 
But that hasn't been the case at all.

I am enjoying life SO much right now, and I haven't been bored in the least bit. I've had the chance to devote time to my amazing husband, and we've gotten to really enjoy ourselves. I've even found myself having quite a few lazy days lately.

And things haven't completely stopped. I've had the chance to practice being little Mrs. Suzie Homemaker. I've thoroughly enjoyed trying new recipes, and thanks to Pinterest, trying a few DIY projects as well. 

And even though I love having the limelight on me (hey, I can't deny it...call me spoiled) I've really gotten a chance to focus on others lately. A lot of my friends are going through some changing times as well, and I want to be there for them since they have been there for me through everything!

A lot of people wonder if Shane and I will have kids any time soon, and God willing, the answer is NO. I am looking forward to the next few years, just me and the hubby doing whatever we want. I want to take time to travel, I still want to have occasional drunken days/nights, and I want to hang out with our friends as much as possible. And God knows what could happen with our careers.

I have officially started a new chapter in my life and I love it!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're happy! It's definitely good to slow down at times...

    xoxo,
    megs [at] Shine On

    ReplyDelete